Barbiecore: Nordmann “thinks pink” for cosmetics
Pink is all the rage right now, thanks to a new trend called Barbiecore. Currently taking the fashion world by storm – and with it the cosmetics industry – Barbiecore is about bright and bold shades of pink. After the gray years of the pandemic, the vibrant hue is a welcome mood-booster.
Barbiecore traces its name back to one of the best-selling and most popular dolls in the world – and the Mattel classic celebrated another high point when the movie “Barbie” hit cinemas at the end of July.
Deciding to pick up on the trend, Nordmann has selected several raw materials from its portfolio for customers to create their own pink-colored cosmetic formulations. The ingredients were chosen for their ability to support the Barbie ideal of soft, smooth and supple skin. Color, of course, was also important. In addition to natural and luminous effect pigments in a variety of pink and rosy shades, Nordmann also supplies a special floral hydrolate and a 100% natural rose fragrance to give formulations a matching “pink” scent.
Some of the highlights include:
- Vitamin B12 cryst from DSM (INCI: Cyanocobalamin): Made for sensitive and stressed-out skin, take formulations anywhere from rose to hot pink in color with this new grade of vitamin B12.
- Pigment recommendations from Sun Chemical: Excellent effect pigments for creating intense and striking pinks.
- Tsubaki Oil from Ikeda (INCI: Camellia Japonica Seed Oil): This natural oil comes from the seeds of the pink camellia flower and features more than 83% oleic acid, making it especially resistant to oxidation.
- ADENOSILANE from Exsymol (INCI: Silanetriol, Adenosine): ADENOSILANE makes it possible to achieve the Barbie-like ideal of baby-smooth skin.
- Hydra-Leen 8 Rose (BIO) from Minasolve (INCI: Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin): Traditionally produced rose hydrolate, stabilized with modern green technology. High-quality Hydra-Leen 8 Rose is an ideal natural ingredient for perfuming natural cosmetic formulations.
- Rosylicious NatFlor MKT 680 (INCI: Parfum): Another rose fragrance that is perfectly suited to the Barbiecore trend. The 100% natural NatFlor ingredient is based on upcycled raw materials.